Well, I said my next post would be about cake or dresses, and here we are! I’m working on a few more serious posts at the moment, but the hectic holiday season and an irritating injury have been getting in the way of my focus somewhat lately. Instead, prompted by being tagged (by the ace Fat Heffalump) in a meme, I am going to keep this blog alive by indulging in a little materialistic frivolity. Hurrah! You may assume that my Christmas wish list also includes a lifetime supply of Moët et Chandon and Peace On Earth And Goodwill To All, but these are more the sorts of things that Santa can wrap up and put under my Christmas tree:
- A PhD scholarship. OK, so that’s not going to be wrapped up and put under the Christmas tree, but still, the seasons coincide! I find out really soon. Oh please, oh please, oh please.
- This leather jacket from ASOS Curve. YEAH, THAT’S RIGHT, A MINT GREEN LEATHER JACKET. How awesome is that? It’s on my family Christmas list so this one may even come true *crosses fingers* And hey look, the model is wearing matching nail polish! I’m totally doing that if I get one.
- A Rachel Pally maxi dress. I don’t even care which one, they just look so comfy!
- This circus clutch from Irregular Choice. I am a sucker for the cute, the silly and the irrepressibly sparkly.
- A Tiny Hobo fat positive tshirt. So cuuuute! The only question is whether to get Fat and Sassy Blonde (my current hair colour) or Fat and Sassy Brunette (my real hair colour)? Given that the aforementioned lack of focus means I haven’t retouched my roots in ages, I’m kind of both at the moment anyway. And I got an actual genuine compliment for how cool my unwashed, half-grown-out roots looked yesterday, so I am pretty sure I am rocking it. Lazy femmes FTW!
- A lovely Ex Libris stamp like this lovely hand-lettered one by plurabelle on Etsy (on the left). Or this one by extase (on the right). Actually I’d really like one that says “I belong to Chrestomanci Castle. And Sarah.”
- And, on that note, BOOKS! Novels and non fiction and poetry and comics and the works. There are an extraordinary number of academic type books I want and need to get my hands on now that the whole PhD thing is starting to loom, and academic texts are ludicrously expensive.
I’m not going to tag anyone in because…I have no idea who I would tag, but if you feel like posting your own list do share a link!